A new day, a new chapter in the everlasting drama between Tinashe, her ex-boyfriend Ben Simmons, and his new girlfriend Kendall Jenner (who he might have gotten together with while he was still with Tinashe). Kendall, for one, is apparently “annoyed” by the whole thing.
TMZ caught up with Tinashe outside a club in Los Angeles and asked her what she thinks of Ben’s plan to hire more security because he thinks she’s stalking him, and she reacted simply by laughing in the reporter’s face. Tinashe didn’t do much other than laugh during this interview with TMZ, which, to be fair, seems like a pretty chill response for someone accused of stalking. Tinashe has said previously that she is “done” dating basketball players after this whole mess with Ben, but if reports are true, she did appear to enjoy at least part of the drama surrounding his new relationship with Kendall. The three found themselves at the same club earlier this month, and TMZ caught TInashe just as she was leaving. The reporter asked how she felt seeing him, and she replied by saying he had been texting her the whole time he’d been in there with Kendall. That was big news for gossip lovers online for a few hours, but soon Ben’s camp denied the rumors, with TMZ reporting that Tinashe admitted she lied about the texts. It was this texting ordeal that triggered reports about Ben’s wish to beef up his own security.
Whatever happens next—and judging by the amount of news generated by these three so far, something will definitely happen—one thing is for sure: TMZ will be right there filming it.
Frank Ocean has been sued by Chipotle for backing out of an ad campaign. According to the fast food chain, they paid Ocean $212,500 to record a song that would be featured on an ad to promote local food and responsible farming. Ocean was then promised an additional $212,500 upon completion of the song. Instead of recording the song by the agreed upon deadline, he sent Chipotle a legal notice informing the company that he would not participate in the campaign. Ocean claims that he did not know that Chipotle’s logo would be on the advertisement, and that he was initially promised the right to approve the master. Chipotle denies this claim and is now suing for the initial $212,500 payment and additional damages.
UPDATE: Frank Ocean has shared a link to a Wikipedia entry for the word “defamation,” which is possibly a response to the lawsuit from Chipotle.
UPDATE 3/10/14 5:15PM: It appears as though Frank Ocean has conceded in his legal bout with Chipotle. However, it wasn’t without some entertainment from the 26-year-old R&B artist.
In a Tumblr post from earlier today, Ocean shared a screenshot of a cashier’s check he wrote out to Chipotle. The amount is $212,500, which is what the Mexican-style restaurant chain had initially requested in their lawsuit. In the memo box, he wrote, “FUCK OFF.”
That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get your point across with purpose.
UPDATE 3/11/14: A representative from Chipotle has told Rolling Stone, “If/when we get a check from Frank, we should be able to close the books on this. Right now, all we have is a photo online.”
3:45PM EDT October 26. 2012 – Justin Timberlake says he’s “deeply sorry” for the “distasteful,” “unsavory” and “silly” video that went viral this week — in which homeless people in Hollywood congratulate the singer and new wife Jessica Biel. In a rare open letter posted to his website, Timberlake calls the 8-minute clip, shot by his friends — “good people” — a “lapse in judgment which I’m sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don’t believe it was made to be insensitive.” That said, he writes, “I think we can all agree that it was distasteful. “I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video,” he adds. The newlywed also insists he knew nothing about it: “I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it,” and that, contrary to reports, it was not shown at his wedding. “But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable.” And the friend who filmed it: “You can bet your (vulgarity) that I’m having my friend do at least 100 hours of community service… Boom.”
Word on the e-streets is that Drake and Chris Brown were involved in an altercation. But now there is new information saying that Drake is not responsible for the bloody gash on Brown’s chin. According to TMZ, sources say that the fight started after Brown and a rapper at Drake’s table were trash-talking each other. Last night at WiP, Meek Mill was spotted hanging out with Drake. The source says that Meek and Brown got into a shouting match. It is also reported that a member of Brown’s entourage got involved. The latest reports assert that the argument was not about Rihanna, and that Brown was hurt when Meek hit him with a bottle. A representative for Drake gave an official statement: “Drake did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind last night at W.i.P. He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began. [Drake] did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property.” See some photos of the aftermath above.